8 Week World of Wine Courses
The 8-week World of Wine Course is designed as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is structured for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it in a fun and relaxed environment. You need no previous experience – the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine with friendly people. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your enjoyment of wine.
"Excellent presentation, friendly atmosphere - I learned a lot" (Attendee on 8-week course)
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS ANY EVENINGS?
No problem - give us seven days notice in advance of the missed evening and we will arrange for you to pick up that session on the next World of Wine Course. Courses run throughout the year - more dates announced soon.
KEY FEATURES OF THE 8-WEEK WORLD OF WINE COURSE
- Taste more than 50 delicious wines in 8 weeks
- Retail prices of wines tasted will generally be between £5 and £20.
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine and food matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing and serving wine advice
- Taste the world’s major red grape varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Grenache and others.
- Taste the world’s major white grape varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Semillon, Viognier, Pinot Grigio, Chenin Blanc and others
- Professional ISO tasting glasses, tasting notes and course notes are all provided.
There is a charge, in addition to the £99 course fee, of £10 per evening payable on the night. Great value - the cost of the course still works out at just over £22 per evening. There also is an option to buy a gift voucher for £179 as a present for someone, which covers the full cost of the course (i.e. no further evening payments would be required)
1. Australia and New Zealand – the different regions, plus tasting skills, aroma tests
2. France I – including Burgundy and the Loire, plus how wine is made and the importance of blends
3. Chile and Argentina – plus the importance of climate and weather
4. France II – including Bordeaux and Rhone, plus understanding wine labels
5. Italy and Germany – the regions, plus food and wine matching
6. South Africa and USA – plus how to store wine and why
7. Spain and Portugal – plus fortified wines and the importance of ageing
8. Champagne, sparkling and dessert wine – what is the difference, how is it made?
"David, you have done Italy proud ....... thank you for being such a great and knowledgeable teacher" (Attendee on 8-week course)
Thursday 8 March to Thursday 26 April 2018 - WHO IS THIS COURSE DESIGNED FOR?
The 8-week World of Wine Course is a practical introduction to the world of wine. It
Places remaining: 4
Date/Time: 8th Mar 2018 at 7.00pm
Venue: The County Club, St Albans