Rhone Wine Tours
A four-day Wine Tour of the Southern Rhone £649.00 (single supplement £100.00)
Thursday 4 May to Sunday 7 May 2017
"Linda and Chris were excellent hosts, the location is absolutely stunning and the wines of the region outstanding. If any of your students are looking for somewhere to immerse themselves in the Rhone wines – this is the place." (Wine School Visitor to the Auberge du Vin)
Not all wine tours are the same. We have put together an amazing wine tour for you with local expert Linda Field from Auberge du Vin in the heart of the Ventoux vineyard, on which you will also be accompanied by a representative of the 'Local Wine School' network.
The group size is small and intimate enabling us to visit higher quality small artisan producers that larger tour companies just cannot arrange. The maximum number of guests is 12 and you will taste some truly stunning Southern Rhone wines.
Linda, who ran a tasting at Hertfordshire Wine School in April, has lived in the region for many years and is able to select some of the best local restaurants for our delicious lunches and dinners.
Your accomodation will be in the luxurious rooms of the Auberge (with swimming pool), with its own purpose built wine teaching facility overlooking Mt Ventoux and the surrounding vineyards.
"Your relaxed and professional way of explaining everything makes it all seem so easy and uncomplicated. And in a beautiful setting too." (Wine School visitor to Auberge du Vin)
Please contact us for a detailed Itinerary and booking form for the next trip in May 2017.
Included in the price:
- Your very own expert, from one of our UK network of wine schools, for the duration of the trip
- Expert local wine tuition/visits with Linda Field, owner of the Auberge
- 4 Days / 3 Nights accomodation at the gorgeous Auberge du Vin in Provencal village of Mazac, near Carpentras
- Leisurely welcome walk around vineyards with a glass of 'something local'
- 3 breakfasts at the Auberge
- A 3-course Dinner of local produce with local wines at the Auberge – overlooking vineyards and Mt Ventoux.
- Dinner at top local french restaurant run by Sommelier of the Year 2008 & local wine specialist
- Dinner at a local farmhouse who use organic produce and their own wines to create stylish Provençal dishes
- 2 Evening Degustations (tastings) with guests at the Auberge including local Rhone and Ventoux wines
- Rhone Valley wine tasting with local expert including Cotes du Ventoux, Tavel, Village wines from Sablet, Seguret, Vinsobres
- Al Fresco Food & Wine Matching lunch in the garden of the Auberge
- Lunch in the Cru Village of Cairanne
- Visit to the world famous Provence antiques and food market in l'Isle sur-la-Sorgue
- 4 private winemaker visits to local domaines with tutored tastings, including Chateauneuf du Pape, Gigondas and Rhone Villages
- Return transfers to and from local French airports or TGV *
- All local transport around vineyards, wineries, restaurants etc
* Transfers from following Airports/TGV included:
Marseille - served by Ryanair (Stansted) Easyjet and British Airways.
Nimes - Ryanair flights from Luton
Avignon - Flybe flights from Southampton/Exeter/Edinburgh
Montpellier - Ryanair flights from Leeds Bradford
Avignon - TGV or Central station - links with Eurostar from St Pancras
What's not included:
- Travel to and from the UK
- Travel insurance
Please Note : Hertfordshire Wine School is acting as an Agent for Auberge du Vin. The contract for the tour is between you and Auberge du Vin. For Terms & Conditions - please see Auberge du Vin Booking Form.
Payment will be made to Auberge du Vin in accordance with the conditions on their Booking Form.