8 Week World of Wine Course (St Albans)
Thursday 31 January to Thursday 21 March 2019 - WHO IS THIS COURSE DESIGNED FOR?
The eight-week World of Wine Course is a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more. No previous experience is needed and the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine with friendly people. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your enjoyment of wine.
WHAT SHOULD I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the course:
you will have gained a good understanding of the world’s major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce
you will have been taught to assess and taste wine like a true professional
we will have tasted wines from most of the world’s major wine regions
you will have more confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods
you will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
Professional ISO tasting glasses and comprehensive tasting notes are all provided.
Please note that there is a charge (in addition to the Course Fee of £99.00) of £10 per evening payable on the night. Great value - the total price works out at just over £22 per evening and this course can be bought as a gift voucher for Christmas, Birthday or any occasion. Please also refer to our 'Terms & Conditions' when booking - if you have to miss a week of the course, and are able to provide at least seven days notice of cancellation, you will be able to attend the corresponding session(s) on the next course.
1. Australia and New Zealand – the different regions, plus tasting skills and aroma tests
2. France I – Burgundy and the Loire, plus how wine is made and the importance of blends
3. Chile and Argentina – plus the importance of climate and weather
4. France II – Bordeaux and Rhone; understanding wine labels,
5. Italy and Germany – the regions, plus food and wine matching
6. South Africa and USA – plus how to store wine and why
7. Spain and Portugal – plus new wines, supermarket v the independents
8. Champagne, Sparkling and Sweet Wine – what is the difference and how is it made?
Places remaining: 8
Course Date/Time: Thu 31st Jan 2019 at 7.00pm
Duration: 2 hours x 8 evenings
Venue: The County Club, St Albans