8 Week World of Wine Course (Harpenden)
Thursday 9 May 2019 to Thursday 4 July 2019 - WHO IS THIS COURSE DESIGNED FOR?
The introductory 8-week World of Wine Course is a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more. No previous experience is needed and the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine with friendly people. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your enjoyment of wine. Please note that there is a one-week gap, between weeks 4 and 5 (Thursday 6th June) when we won't be meeting.
WHAT SHOULD I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the course:
you will have gained a good understanding of the world’s major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce
you will have been taught to assess and taste wine like a true professional
we will have tasted wines from most of the world’s major wine regions
you will have more confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods
you will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
Professional ISO tasting glasses and comprehensive tasting notes are all provided.
Please note that there is a charge (in addition to the Course Fee of £99.00) of £10 per evening payable on the night. Great value - the cost is still over £22 per evening and this course can also be bought as a gift voucher for a birthday, anniversary, or other celebration.
Please also refer to our 'Terms & Conditions' when booking - we will try to be as accommodating as possible but, if you have to miss a week of the course, there is no guarantee that you will be able to repeat that session on a future course, unless you are able to provide at least seven days notice of cancellation.
1. Australia and New Zealand – the different regions, plus how wine is made
2. France I – including Burgundy and the Loire, plus aroma testing
3. Chile and Argentina – plus the importance of climate and weather
4. France II – including Bordeaux and Rhone; understanding wine labels and the importance of blends,
5. Italy and Germany – the regions, plus food and wine matching
6. South Africa and USA – plus how to store wine and why
7. Spain and Portugal – including fortified wines
8. Champagne, Sparkling and Dessert Wine – what is the difference and how are they made?
Places remaining: 10
Course Date/Time: Thu 9th May 2019 at 7.00pm
Duration: 2 hours x 8 evenings
Venue: The Plough & Harrow, Harpenden