Cafe Rouge St Albans French Wine Tasting
FRENCH WINE TASTING with 'PETITS PLATS' - six wines paired with seven dishes (7.00pm to 8.30pm) for £27.50 at Café Rouge, Holywell Hill, St Albans
Your evening starts at 7.00pm with a tutored tasting of six delicious French wines, each one carefully selected by us to illustrate the amazing range of tastes and flavours that good French wines can offer. We will show you how good these wines can taste when matched with the right food. You will taste a range of six excellent French wines (Picpoul, Chenin Blanc, Pinot Gris, Pinot Noir, Bordeaux and Cotes du Rhone) with a selection of 'petit plats' (little dishes of - olives, feta cheese with red peppers, artichoke tapenade, houmous/flatbread, duck and smoked chicken pate, saucisson, cured pork loin, and spicy Merguez sausage).
You will discover the different grape varieties and wine regions of France, and learn how to taste wine like a professional! You will also be presented with a 'Pocket Guide to French Wines' to take away with you.
• Picpoul de Pinet (Languedoc) - Fresh, grassy, green apple with a citrus zest.
• Chenin Blanc (Loire) - Med dry with apple & honeyed citrus notes.
• Pinot Gris (Alsace) - Soft, rich, lush with honeyed apricot fruit.
• Pinot Noir (Burgundy) - Elegantly aromatic wild strawberries & raspberries.
• Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot (Bordeaux) - Blackberry fruit refined by a classic tannic structure.
• Syrah/Grenache (Rhone) - Spicy, baked red fruits, big & full-bodied.
Places Available: 10
Course Date/Time: Tue 12th Feb 2013 at 7.00pm
Duration: 1.5 hours
Venue: Cafe Rouge, St Albans