4 Week World of Wine Course (Hitchin)
This 4-week ‘World of Wine Course’ is designed as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it in a fun and relaxed environment. You need no previous experience – the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine with friendly people. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your enjoyment of wine. The course takes place over four Wednesday evenings (27th February and 6th, 13th & 20th March 2019).
KEY FEATURES OF THE 4-WEEK WORLD OF WINE COURSE
• Taste more than 25 delicious wines in 4 weeks
• Retail prices of wines tasted will generally be between £5 and £20.
• Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
• Wine and food matching advice
• Common wine faults - how to spot them
• Storing and serving wine advice
• Taste the world’s major red grape varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, and others.
• Taste the world’s major white grape varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Grigio and others
• Professional ISO tasting glasses, tasting mats and course notes are all provided.
1. Australia, New Zealand and South Africa – the different regions, plus how to taste like a professional
2. France – all the key regions including Burgundy, the Loire, Bordeaux and the Rhone Valley
3. Italy and Spain – plus fortified wines and the importance of ageing
4. Chile, Argentina and USA – plus the influence of climate and how to store wine
This course also makes a great Gift Voucher idea for just £99.
Please note that there is no additional evening charge on this course. Great value - the cost of the course works out at less than £25 per evening. Please also refer to our 'Terms & Conditions' when booking - if you have to miss a week of the course, there is no guarantee that you will be able to repeat that session on a future course, unless you are able to provide at least seven days notice of cancellation.
Places remaining: 2
Course Date/Time: Wed 27th Feb 2019 at 7.00pm
Duration: 2 hours x 4 evenings
Venue: Los Reyes, Hitchin