4 Week World of Wine Course (St Albans)
SORRY SOLD OUT. Why not try our 'France v The New World' course, in Harpenden, starting on 20th February? This 4-week ‘World of Wine Course’ is designed as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is structured for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it in a fun and relaxed environment. You need no previous experience – the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine with friendly people. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your enjoyment of wine. The course takes place over four Thursday evenings starting in January at our venue in St Albans.
KEY FEATURES OF THE 4-WEEK WORLD OF WINE COURSE
• Taste up to 30 different wines in 4 weeks
• Retail prices of wines tasted will generally be between £10 and £20.
• Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
• Wine and food matching advice
• Common wine faults - how to spot them
• Storing and serving wine advice
• Taste the world’s major red grape varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, and others.
• Taste the world’s major white grape varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Grigio and others
• Professional ISO tasting glasses, tasting mats and course notes are all provided.
1. Australia, New Zealand and South Africa – the different regions, plus how to taste like a professional
2. France – all the key regions including Burgundy, the Loire, Bordeaux and the Rhone Valley
3. Italy and Spain – plus fortified wines and the importance of ageing
4. Chile, Argentina and USA – plus the influence of climate and how to store wine
This course also makes a great Gift Voucher idea, for Christmas, Birthdays or other occasions, for just £110.
Please note that there is no additional evening charge on this course. Great value - the cost of the course works out at less than £30 per evening. Please also refer to our 'Terms & Conditions' when booking - if you have to miss a week of the course, there is no guarantee that you will be able to repeat that session on a future course, unless you are able to provide at least seven days notice of cancellation.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Thu 23rd Jan 2020 at 7.00pm
Duration: 2 hours x 4 evenings
Venue: The County Club, St Albans