Saturday Introduction to Wine Course with Lunch (St Albans)
Join us on an introduction to wine day from 11.00am to 4.00pm including Champagne and delicious 3-course lunch at Thompsons Restaurant in St Albans. This wonderful day out can be bought as a Gift Voucher maybe for a special birthday, anniversary present or other occasion?
• Introduction to the world’s major wine regions
• New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy and Spain)
• Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo and others.
• Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling and others
• How wine is made – grapes, fermentation, ageing
• Improve your senses with the Nez du Vin
• How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
• Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
• Tutored tasting of 10 Wines
• The effect of climate on the taste of wine
• Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing and serving wine and understanding wine labels
• Food and wine matching – tips and advice.
Places remaining: 11
Course Date/Time: Sat 11th May 2019 at 11.00am
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Thompson St Albans