Saturday Introduction to Wine Course with Lunch (Hitchin)
Join us on an introduction to wine day from 11.00am to 4.00pm including Champagne and delicious 3-course lunch at Los Reyes in the centre of Hitchin. Los Reyes is Hitchin's first ever creative tapas restaurant and winner of the 'Independent Restaurant of the Year' award in the 2017 Hertfordshire Food & Drink Awards.
- Introduction to the world’s major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy and Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo and others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling and others
- How wine is made – grapes, fermentation, ageing
- Improve your senses with the Nez du Vin
- How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Champagne on arrival plus a tutored tasting of a further 10 Wines
- Lunch in the restaurant with wines from Spain
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing and serving wine and understanding wine labels
- Food and wine matching – tips and advice.
This wonderful day out can also be bought as Gift Voucher as a treat for a special occasion maybe as a birthday, Christmas or anniversary present?
Places remaining: 6
Course Date/Time: Sat 23rd Mar 2019 at 11.00am
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Los Reyes, Hitchin