Premium Chile Tasting with Ventisquero Wines (St Albans)
SORRY - SOLD OUT. Why noy try our Chile & Argentina Tasting on 18th October? Chile is a fantastic environment in which to grow grapes and its value for money wines have long been a hit with UK consumers. However, Chile is not just about the sub-£10 a bottle range and you can find out more on Thursday 16th August, in St Albans, when we will be holding a special tasting of Ventisquero Wines.
Ventisquero produces high quality and modern style wines from its own vineyards in Chile’s finest growing regions such as Casablanca, Colchagua, Leyda and Maipo. The company’s portfolio includes a joint venture with John Duval, formerly Chief Winemaker at Penfolds in Australia, and some of its wines appeared in Tim Atkin’s top wines of the year in his recently published Chile 2018 Report. We will be joined on the evening by Janina Doyle, the UK Brand Ambassador for Ventisquero, who will lead us through a tasting of wines with a retail value of between £10 and £25 per bottle.
The line-up provisionally includes:
- Grey Sauvignon Blanc (lees-aged Sauvignon from Atacama Desert, just 20KM from the ocean)
- Reserva Chardonnay (in the modern style from Casablanca and recent Harpers South America Star winner)
- Reserva Pais Moscatel (an interesting blend awarded 90 points by Robert Parker)
- Grey Pinot Noir (soft and approachable from cool climate Leyda Valley)
- Grey Grenache Carignan Mourvedre (Chilean twist on a classic Mediterranean blend)
- Grey Merlot (single block Merlot from red-wine dominated Maipo Valley)
- Grey Cabernet Sauvignon (elegant style cab and a former IWC Award Winner from Maipo)
- Vertice ( top of the range Carmenere-Syrah blend and former Decanter Awards Gold Medal Winner )
There will also be an opportunity, for those who like what they taste, to purchase wines on the night, at a special 10% discounted price, through Flagship Wines in St Albans. Julia, from Flagship, will also be at the tasting.
This is a rare opportunity to try some fantastic wines from one of the most exciting producers in South America and is priced at just £25. All our evenings include a tutored tasting of at least seven wines, use of professional mats, tasting glasses, tasting sheets and nibbles.
This tasting can also be purchased as a gift voucher which makes a perfect present for Father’s Day, birthdays and other occasions.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Thu 16th Aug 2018 at 7.00pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: The County Club, St Albans