8 Week World of Wine Courses
The Eight-week World of Wine Course is designed as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more in a fun and relaxed environment. You need no previous experience – the emphasis is on learning by tasting different wine styles with friendly people. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your enjoyment of wine and provides a springboard for all of our other courses and tastings.
"Excellent presentation, friendly atmosphere - I learned a lot" (Attendee on 8-week course)
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS ANY EVENINGS?
No problem - give us seven days notice in advance of the missed evening and we will arrange for you to pick up that session on the next 'World of Wine' Course. Courses run throughout the year - more dates announced soon.
KEY FEATURES OF THE 8-WEEK WORLD OF WINE COURSE
- Taste more than 50 delicious wines in 8 weeks
- Retail prices of wines tasted will generally be between £10 and £20.
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine and food matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing and serving wine advice
- Taste the world’s major red grape varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Grenache and others.
- Taste the world’s major white grape varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Semillon, Viognier, Pinot Grigio, Chenin Blanc and others
- Professional ISO tasting glasses, tasting notes and computer presentation are all provided.
There is no further charge, in addition to the £199 course fee. Great value - the cost of the course works out at just less than £25 per evening and represents a saving of over £30 (compared to paying for each evening separately). There also is an option to buy a gift voucher for £199 as a present for someone, which covers the full cost of the course.
1. Australia and New Zealand – the different regions, plus find out how wine is made
2. Chile and Argentina – including Malbec, Carmenere and the importance of blends
3. South Africa and Germany – two exciting wine producing countries and the influence of climate
4. England and the USA – including superb sparkling wines versus warm climate California classics
5. Italy – discover a range of wines from the world's biggest wine-producing nation
6. France I – Burgundy, The Rhone Valley and how to store wine and why
7. France II – The Loire, Bordeaux and the importance of vintage variation
8. Spain and Portugal – finish the course on a high with Rioja, Albarino, Sherry and Port!
See below for course dates or why not try one of our four-week courses?
Thursday 1 October to Thursday 26 November 2020
The introductory 8-week World of Wine Course is a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed for people who enjoy
Places remaining: 10
Date/Time: 1st Oct 2020 at 7.00pm
Venue: The County Club, St Albans