Champagne Weekend Tour
A three-day tour of Champagne £390 (Single Room Supplement £70)
Friday 17 July to Sunday 19 July 2020
The next Champagne tour, in July 2020, provides a chance to stock up with supplies for the summer. Bookings open in January and, as this tour is always popular, please e-mail us using the link below to register your interest and receive a booking form. If you have ever wanted to visit this fascinating area, discover the secret of the bubble, and find out what makes Champagne the choice of drink for any celebration, then this is the weekend for you. You will see the miles of cellars dug out of chalk where millions of bottles age gracefully, learn how champagne is made, and discover what makes it so special.
We will be based in the town of Reims, which has many attractions including a stunning cathedral and fine dining restaurants. Our hotel is perfectly situated in the centre of the town.
We will leave from London Victoria around 7.00 on Friday morning in a comfortable, air-conditioned coach. We will arrive in Reims late afternoon and go straight to visit one of the major Champagne houses for a tour and tasting in their extensive cellars.
During the next two days we will head towards Epernay, Montagne de Reims and the Cotes de Blancs, to visit three family producers - two on Saturday and one on Sunday morning. These producers are all situated in the best (Premier and Grand Cru) villages and are hand-picked for the quality and value which they offer. At each one we will taste various champagnes from their range and you will be able to buy supplies to stock up at very attractive prices (the coach has plenty of luggage space). On Saturday lunchtime there will be free time to wander round the town of Epernay. We will head back to the UK after lunch on Sunday, arriving at London Victoria around 9 pm.
Included in the Price
• Travel to Champagne, and in the area, by full size 53-seat executive coach, crossing by Eurotunnel
• Two nights bed and buffet breakfast on a twin share basis (some single rooms and Upgraded 'Privilege' rooms are available at a supplement) at the Hotel de la Paix in Reims. The hotel which is officially rated 4-star is very centrally located, has air conditioned rooms, a trendy bar and a small swimming pool.
• An optional welcome gathering at the hotel, or dinner at a local restaurant.
• Visits and tastings at four different champagne producers, which will be a mixture of big names and smaller, quality, family concerns
• The services of Christos Ioannou as wine expert and tour guide. Christos is a WSET Wine Diploma holder and a member of the Association of Wine Educators.
What’s not included
- Travel to and from your home to London Victoria
- Travel/holiday insurance
- Meals, other than breakfast
- Any private Champagne purchases!
The cost is £390 per person sharing a double or twin room, with a £70 supplement for single rooms of which there are a limited number. There are also a few upgraded twin/double ‘Privilege’ rooms available for an additional cost of £50 per person (not available for single rooms). A deposit of £100 is payable when booking, and the balance is due two months before departure. Your money is fully protected and will be held in a secure Trust Account. Places will be limited to 35 people so please e-mail us to register your interest in this tour and request a booking form.
Please Note : Hertfordshire Wine School is acting as an Agent for Criterion Wine Limited. The contract for the tour is between you and Criterion Wine Limited. For Terms & Conditions - please see the Booking Form.
Payment will be made to Criterion Wine Limited in accordance with the conditions on their Booking Form.