Saturday Wine Course with Lunch (St Albans)
Join us on an introduction to wine day from 11.00am to 4.00pm including Champagne on arrival and a delicious 3-course lunch at Thompsons Restaurant in St Albans. This wonderful day out can be bought as Gift Voucher for a birthday, anniversary or any other occasion.
- Introduction to the world’s major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy and Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo and others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling and others
- How wine is made – grapes, fermentation, ageing
- Improve your senses with the Nez du Vin
- How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored tasting of 10 Wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing and serving wine and understanding wine labels
- Food and wine matching – tips and advice.
Places remaining: 2
Course Date/Time: Sat 31st Oct 2020 at 11.00am
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Thompson St Albans