8 Week World of Wine Course (St Albans)
Thursday 1 October to Thursday 26 November 2020
The introductory 8-week World of Wine Course is a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more. No previous experience is needed and the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine with friendly people. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your enjoyment of wine. Please note that there is a one-week gap, between weeks 4 and 5 (Thursday 29 October) when we won't be meeting.
By the end of the course:
- you will have gained a good understanding of the world’s major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce
- you will have been taught to assess and taste wine like a true professional
- we will have tasted wines from most of the world’s major wine regions
- you will have more confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods
- you will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
Professional ISO tasting glasses and comprehensive tasting notes are all provided.
The cost of the full eight-week course is £199. Great value at less than £25 per evening, the course can also be bought as a gift voucher for a birthday, anniversary, or other celebration.
Please also refer to our 'Terms & Conditions' when booking - we try to be as accommodating as possible and, if you have to miss a week of the course and are able to provide at least seven days notice of cancellation, you will be able to repeat that session on a future course.
- Thursday 1 October - Australia and New Zealand
- Thursday 8 October - Chile and Argentina
- Thursday 15 October - South Africa and Germany
- Thursday 22 October - England and USA
There is a one-week gap, between weeks 4 and 5 (Thursday 29 October) when we won't be meeting.
- Thursday 5 November - Italy
- Thursday 12 November - France I (Burgundy and the Rhone)
- Thursday 19 November - France II (Bordeaux and the Loire)
- Thursday 26 November - Spain and Portugal
Places remaining: 9
Course Date/Time: Thu 1st Oct 2020 at 7.00pm
Duration: 2 hours x 8 evenings
Venue: The County Club, St Albans