Saturday Wine Course with Lunch (St Albans)
This course has been postponed and rescheduled for Saturday 23rd January. Join us on an introduction to wine day from 11.00am to 4.00pm including Champagne on arrival and a delicious 3-course lunch at Thompsons Restaurant in St Albans. This wonderful day out can be bought as a Gift Voucher maybe for a birthday, anniversary or other present?
• Introduction to the world’s major wine regions
• New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy and Spain)
• Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo and others.
• Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling and others
• How wine is made – grapes, fermentation, ageing
• Improve your senses with the Nez du Vin
• How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
• Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
• Tutored tasting of 10 Wines
• The effect of climate on the taste of wine
• Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing and serving wine and understanding wine labels
• Food and wine matching – tips and advice.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sat 21st Nov 2020 at 11.00am
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Thompsons Restaurant, St Albans