WSET Online Level 1 Award in Wines (Saturdays)
The Level 1 Award course provides the basic wine knowledge and practical skills for anyone working in hospitality or retail. You can view the full Level 1 Course spec, with example questions, here. This course is also a good introductory first course for the wine enthusiast who wishes to be introduced, in a structured way, to wine styles, storing and serving of wine and food and wine matching.
4th June 2020 at 5pm: Registration Deadline
Saturday 6th June 2020 at 11am - 1pm: 1st LIVE online classroom session
Saturday 13th June 2020 at 11am - 1pm: 2nd LIVE online classroom session
Saturday 20th June 2020 at 11am – 1pm: 3rd LIVE online classroom session
The exam must be taken in person, in the classroom at a Hertfordshire Wine Scool venue or other centre. Once we can resume classroom activity, you will be given a choice of dates, on which to attend, over the next 12 months. Alternatively, we are now able to offer an Online exam for an additional fee of £25.
The price of £115 is less than our usual classroom courses because you will need to provide your own wine. However, it covers the same syllabus and includes:
- Access to on-line, pre-recorded tutorials, at a time to suit you
- On-line live support and feedback from WSET Educator Sam Alder
- All WSET Registration and Examination fees
- Tuition in the WSET® Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Practical guidance to the key considerations when matching food and wine successfully
- Advice as to the correct way to store and serve wine and recognise common faults
- Understanding of how different wines have different aroma and taste profiles
- Introduction to the world’s leading grape varieties and named wines
- A 30 question multiple-choice exam to be answered in 45 minutes (a mark of 70% required to pass)
- A certificate, suitable for framing, and a lapel pin for all candidates who pass the exam
Do I need any prior knowledge? No, just an interest in wine. The course is delivered online and in English, therefore, basic computer literacy, internet navigation skills and a good level of English are required. The course is delivered online over three weeks with a minimum of three hours study per week recommended to successfully complete the course. Regular access and participation is essential.
Assessment Please note that the exam takes place either at East London Wine School, or a more local venue in Hertfordshire, or for an additional fee the WSET will shortly be offering an online examination option. The exam comprises 30 multiple choice questions to be completed in 45 minutes. To pass you must correctly answer 70% of the questions.
Places remaining: 3
Course Date/Time: Sat 6th Jun 2020 at 11.00am
Duration: Three weeks (on-line