WSET Level 1 Online (Evenings)
The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines is the ideal starting point for anybody new to wine or those beginning a career in wine or hospitality.
What the course covers
• The main types and styles of wine
• Common wine grapes and their characteristics
• Food and wine pairings
• Storage and service of wine
• How to taste wine using the WSET ‘Systematic approach to Tasting’
• Basic skills and product knowledge required for the service and retail of wine
The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 1 Vocational Qualification. We recommend you read the course specification document before you sign up for the course. You can read the full spec by clicking here.
• An online evening course delivered, over four consecutive weeks, on Tuesday evenings.
• The Level 1 Award in Wines online course covers the same syllabus as the classroom course and is delivered in LIVE virtual lessons by a certified wine educator
• The course includes 6 hours online tuition in 4 x 1.5 hr sessions
• Your tutor will provide a guided tasting of eight wines (for details of how to order the wines for your course see below)
• You will receive access to practice multiple-choice revision questions specific to this course
• You will be sent details of how to join your LIVE sessions when you book
Please note a reliable broadband connection is essential for the completion of this online course as are basic computer skills.
To obtain the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines Qualification, you will need to successfully pass the exam. The exam is a 30 multiple-choice question paper to be completed in 45 minutes. You must answer at least 70% correctly to pass the exam.
The exam may be taken at any of our Local Wine School locations, including Hertfordshire Wine School (dates to be advised). Alternatively, we are now able to offer an Online exam for an additional fee of £25.
Course Schedule and Important Dates
- Registration Deadline Thursday 29th October
- Tuesday 3rd November 2020 7pm to 8.30pm 1st online session
- Tuesday 10 November 2020 7pm to 8.30pm 2nd online session
- Tuesday 17th November 2020 7pm to 8.30pm 3rd online session
- Tuesday 24th November 2020 7pm to 9pm 4th online session
The course fee of £115 Includes
• Course study guide, posted to you at no extra charge
• LIVE virtual, interactive sessions taught by a Local Wine School WSET Certified Tutor
• Exclusive access to practice multiple choice questions
• Internationally recognised WSET qualification certificate and pin for those who pass the exam
• All WSET registration and exam fees. The exam may be taken at any of our Local Wine School locations, including Hertfordshire Wine School.
It is recommended that eight wines are tasted as part of this course, although this is optional and not essential to complete the course. Please note that the cost of wines is not included in the course fee above. We have put together a recommended selection of wines, specifically designed to accompany the course and illustrate key learning outcomes. We have managed to negotiate a specially discounted price, only available to our online students, of £73.71 including delivery, for the eight-bottle case. Details of how to order your case of wines will be provided when you book your place.
Special Educational Needs
Please make the school aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Tue 3rd Nov 2020 at 7.00pm
Duration: 4 x 1.5 hours